My velo photo went quasi viral on Instagram and I’m pretty sure that at least some of those likers have clicked my blog link that’s on my IG profile. Embarrassingly, they’ll have most likely seen or read the last entry, which was my 2014 wrap-up (i.e.: outdated piece of crap).
So giving the kiddies something a little more updated—
- Yes, I rode a velodrome track for the first time. And it was THOROUGHLY. AWESOME!
- The velo track I rode was the Milton Velodrome, a brand-spanking new velo track that’s been built for the 2015 Pan American Games, which Toronto, Ontario, Canada (my hood) is hosting this July 2015.
- Yes, I will be going back for my track certification course starting February 7th. This runs for 8 Saturdays.
- Yes, it was my first time riding brakeless and I would only ride brakeless on a track.
- Yes, at this velo, they rent out Argon18 track bikes. They’re really, very good bikes—but I’ve never rode a track bike before (my bike is a road fixed), so I have no frame of reference really.
- No, I won’t be buying a track bike because I wouldn’t be able to ride it enough to make it worth it (but I would like a Cinelli Mash if you feel like giving me one)
- No, I was not that fast, or at all. According to my friend's Strava, we only clocked in at 23km/h because I was drafting elderly women who were also registered in my afternoon session.
- No, I never ate shit (*phew!*)
- No, I wasn't clipped in; I have MTB cycling shoes with SPD cleats, and the pedals the Argons are fitted with are SPD-SL pedals. And I can't tell you just how goddamn frustrating it is to stick your cycling shoes in cages. Yes, I'm currently shoe shopping right now (if you have any suggestions, throw them my way (I'm a size 39 Euro and I have very narrow feet)
- Yes, Steve Bauer was watching my class go around the track (!!!)
- Yes, I was featured on Argon18's Instagram account for a brief moment--
I'm probably missing a few things, but that's the big stuff I can easily remember. Since coming off the track, I've been on this heroin-type high and I feel in my marrow that I'm legitimately hooked now.
Anyhow, signing off. Apologies for how brief, rushed, shittily-written this was.